Sunday, June 19, 2011

Apply this tactis for change word press theme

I was working on another blog tonight and for some reason the theme I was using had a problem with widgets.  Soon as I changed a setting in options, I’d get a PHP error which was pretty annoying.  I couldn’t get into the admin at all and figured out a simple way to update the theme manually to at least be able to get into the admin.
The theme being used is stored in the wp_options table in the database.   Simply run these MySQL scripts and your site will be set to using the default theme (it’s based on the theme folder name):
update wp_options set option_value = ‘default’ where option_name = ‘template’
update wp_options set option_value = ‘default’ where option_name =’stylesheet’
Hopefully that’ll save you some time ripping your hair out if you stumble on a theme that trashes your admin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites